There are many kid friendly things to do in Newport, Maine. The first is to visit the local ice cream shop, which is a great place to get ice cream and learn about the history of the town. The second is to take a walk on the beach, where you can see the lobster traps and the tide pools. The third is to go on a whale watching tour, where you can see some of the largest animals in the world. Lastly, you can visit the local aquarium, which is a great place to learn about the local marine life.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Newport, Maine
1. Visit the historic downtown area and explore the various shops and restaurants.
2. Take a walk or bike ride along the scenic Newport Lakeshore Trail.
3. Visit the Newport Beach for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
4. Have a blast at won of the city’s two trampoline parks, Rockin’ Jump or Defy Gravity.
5. Enjoy some quality family time at the Newport Recreation Center, featuring a variety of sports and fitness equipment and facilities.
6. Catch a movie at the Newport Cinema theater.
7.Explore the many exhibits at the Wabanaki Native American Museum.
8. Learn about Newport’s history at the Henry DuPont Preservation Center.
9. Discover the area’s natural beauty at such places as the Great Wass Island Preserve and the Perkins Cove Nature Preserve.
10. Play a round of golf at one of Newport’s several public and private golf courses.