Newington is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. For instance, they can check out the George Washington Masonic National Memorial, take a tour of the Capitol building, or explore one of the many museums. If they’re looking for something more active, they can go hiking or biking in one of the many parks, or take a swim in the Potomac River. There’s also a variety of kid-friendly restaurants and cafes, so they’ll never go hungry. And of course, no trip to Newington is complete without a visit to the National Zoo!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Newington, Virginia
1. Visit the Civil War Trails marker at the site of the Battle of Newington.
2. Drive down Main Street and imagine what life was like when the town was first settled.
3. Stop in at the Newington Museum and learn about the town’s history.
4. Head to the Newington Farmers Market and pick up some fresh, local produce.
5. Take a walk or bike ride through the Newington battlefield park.
6. Visit the grave of Confederate soldier John Mercer Patton at the Newington Confederate Cemetery.
7. explore the ruins of the Newington Mill.
8. hike the trails at the Beaverdam Reservoir Park.
9. Visit the Virginia Museum of the Civil War and learn about the state’s role in the conflict.
10. Drive out to the Fort Woolf Confederate Earthworks and imagine what it was like to defend the town during the war.