There’s no shortage of things to do for families with children in Newfield, Maine. For starters, the town is home to two family-friendly museums: the Trafton Academy Museum and the Maine State Museum of Military History. Both offer a variety of interactive exhibits and activities that will keep kids entertained for hours.
Outdoor enthusiasts will find plenty to do in Newfield as well. The town is located near several state parks, including Bradbury Mountain State Park and Alfred A.duPont Park, both of which offer miles of hiking trails, picnicking areas, and playgrounds. In the winter, families can enjoy sledding and cross-country skiing at Trafton Park.
For a truly unique experience, families can visit the L.L. Bean Bootmobile, which is located just outside of town. The Bootmobile is a giant replica of the iconic L.L. Bean boot that kids can climb on and explore. And, of course, no visit to Newfield would be complete without a trip to the LL Bean flagship store, which offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of its products.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Newfield, Maine
1. Visit the Tontine Mall – The Tontine Mall is a great place to take the kids shopping in Newfield. There are a variety of stores to choose from, and the mall also has a food court.
2. Visit the Newfield Public Library – The Newfield Public Library is a great place to take the kids to read and learn. The library also has a variety of programs for kids to participate in.
3. Attend a Newfield sporting event – There are a variety of sporting events that take place in Newfield. Taking the kids to watch a game can be a great way to spend some quality time together.
4. Go on a nature hike – Newfield is home to a variety of nature trails. Going for a hike with the kids is a great way to explore the outdoors and get some exercise.
5. Visit the Newfield Historical Society Museum – The Newfield Historical Society Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum also has a variety of exhibits for kids to enjoy.
6. Go fishing – Newfield is home to a variety of lakes and streams. Going fishing with the kids is a great way to teach them about the sport and bond with them.
7. Play tennis – Newfield has a number of tennis courts that are available for public use. Playing tennis with the kids is a great way to get them active and have some fun.
8. Visit the Newfield Farmer’s Market – The Newfield Farmer’s Market is a great place to take the kids to buy fresh food. The market also has a variety of other items for sale, such as crafts and jewelry.
9. Go swimming – Newfield is home to a number of public swimming pools. Taking the kids swimming is a great way to cool off on a hot day.
10. Have a picnic – Newfield is home to a number of parks and green spaces. Having a picnic with the kids is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and spend some time together.