There are many kid friendly things to do in Newcastle, Wyoming. One option is to go to the Iron Horse Park. This park has a playground, a picnic area, and a walking path. There is also a splash pad that is open in the summer. Another option is to go to the Newcastle Recreation Center. This center has a gym, a pool, and a game room. There are also many classes offered for kids of all ages. Another option is to go to the Wyoming Dinosaur Center. This center has a museum with many dinosaur fossils. They also have a dig site where kids can dig for fossils.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Newcastle, Wyoming
1. Explore the Historic Downtown – Stroll down Main Street and admire the turn-of-the-century architecture. Pop into the local shops and boutiques. Be sure to check out the historic Hotel Wolf and the old jailhouse.
2. Visit the Newcastle Museum – Learn about the history of this small Wyoming town at the Newcastle Museum. Browse the exhibits on local Native Americans, coal mining, and pioneer life.
3. Tour the Reynolds Ranch – Take a guided tour of this working ranch and learn about the cowboy way of life. See the horses, cattle, and sheep. Witness a real cowboy roundup!
4. Hike to Red Canyon Falls – Follow the trail through the beautiful red rock canyon to reach the hidden waterfall. This is a moderate hike with a few steep sections.
5. Scale Rock formations at Edness K. Wilkins State Park – Climb and explore the unique red rock formations at this state park. Be sure to check out the views from the top!
6. Ride the Thunder Basin Scenic Byway – This scenic drive takes you through the heart of Thunder Basin National Grassland. Stop at the overlooks to catch the stunning views.
7. Picnic at Black Hills National Forest – Pack a picnic lunch and head to one of the many picnic areas in Black Hills National Forest. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and look for wildlife.
8. Camp in the Medicine Bow National Forest – Set up camp in this beautiful national forest. There are plenty of hiking and biking trails to explore. Be on the lookout for wildlife!
9. Stargaze in Glendo State Park – This state park is known for its dark night skies. Head out after sunset to stargaze. Be sure to look for the Milky Way!
10. whitewater rafting on the Platte River – Get your adrenaline pumping with a whitewater rafting trip down the Platte River. There are plenty of companies that offer trips for all skill levels.