There’s plenty to do in Newburyport for kids of all ages! For the younger ones, stops at the boardwalk and Joppa Flats Education Center are a must. The Joppa Flats Education Center is a great place to learn about the animals that call the Merrimack River home. Be sure to take a stroll down Water Street to check out all of the charming shops and cafes. Kids will love the Carriage House Ice Cream, where they can enjoy homemade ice cream in a variety of flavors. Or, stop by The Daily Catch for some delicious seafood. For older kids, a visit to the Custom House Maritime Museum is a must. Here, they can learn all about the city’s rich maritime history. There are also plenty of parks and playgrounds in Newburyport for kids to explore.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Newburyport, Massachusetts
1. The Custom House Maritime Museum is a maritime museum that is located in the historic Custom House. The museum tells the story of Newburyport’s maritime history through exhibits, educational programs, and research.
2. The Firehouse Center for the Arts is a performing arts center that offers a variety of live performances, educational programs, and community events.
3. The Newburyport Public Library is a public library that offers a variety of books, magazines, and other resources for patrons to use.
4. The Maudslay State Park is a state park that offers a variety of recreational activities, including hiking, picnicking, and fishing.
5. The Plum Island Animal Disease Center is a research facility that studies ways to control and prevent the spread of animal diseases.
6. The Newburyport Art Association is an art organization that runs an art gallery, offers art classes, and hosts a variety of community events.
7. The Buttonwood Zoo is a small zoo that is home to a variety of animals, including reptiles, mammals, and birds.
8. The Joppa Flats Education Center is an environmental education center that offers programs and events about the local ecosystem and wildlife.
9. The Waterfront Historic Area is a historic district that offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and other businesses.
10. The Newburyport Farmers Market is a farmers market that sells a variety of locally grown fruits, vegetables, and other products.