There are many kid friendly things to do in New Westminster, Canada. Burnaby Village Museum is a great place to explore with kids. Kids can learn about early 20th century life in this living museum. Plus, there is a working carousel on the grounds! Another great option is the Fraser River Discovery Centre. Here, kids can learn all about the Fraser River and the animals that live in and around it. There are also interactive exhibits and a chance to go on a boat ride. For a more active adventure, head to Queen’s Park. This large park has plenty of open space to run around, a playground, a spray park, and a pool.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In New Westminster, Canada
1. Visit the New Westminster Museum and Archives to learn about the history of the city and see some amazing artifacts.
2. Go for a walk or bike ride along the Quayside Boardwalk and take in the stunning views of the Fraser River.
3. Visit Tipperary Park to feed the ducks, go for a walk or have a picnic lunch.
4. Play at Queen’s Park, one of the largest and most popular parks in New Westminster.
5. Visit the CFB Esquimalt Naval & Military Museum to learn about Canada’s maritime history.
6. Go swimming at Canada Games Pool, one of the largest indoor pools in the Lower Mainland.
7. Visit the New Westminster Public Library to find a new book or participate in one of their many programs.
8. Catch a movie at Landmark Cinemas New Westminster or check out one of the unique independent theatres.
9. Play a round of mini golf or go go-karting at Monster Mini Golf New Westminster.
10. Enjoy a meal or a drink at one of the many great restaurants or cafes in downtown New Westminster.