There are many kid-friendly things to do in New Stanton, Pennsylvania. For example, the Forks of the Cheat River is a great place to take the kids fishing. Or, you can visit one of the many museums in the area, such as the Greensburg Railroad Museum or the Westmoreland Museum of American Art. If your kids are into sports, there are also several places to play, including the Westmoreland County Sports Complex and the New Stanton Recreation Park. And, of course, no visit to New Stanton would be complete without a trip to the world-famous Penn State University campus!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In New Stanton, Pennsylvania
1. Head to the Strobel’s Swiss Chocolate Chalet for some delicious Swiss chocolate treats. The chalet also offers a variety of sodas and coffees.
2. Visit the nearby Seven Springs Mountain Resort for some winter fun. The resort offers skiing, snowboarding, and tubing.
3. Take a walk or bike ride on the Great Allegheny Passage. The trail stretches for over 150 miles and offers scenic views of the surrounding area.
4. Check out the Historic Hanna’s Town. The site was the first county seat of Westmoreland County and is now a living history museum.
5. Stop by the Westmoreland Museum of American Art. The museum has a permanent collection of American art as well as rotating exhibitions.
6. Visit the Greensburg Salem History Center. The center offers exhibits on the history of the region as well as a research library.
7. Have lunch at the Country Pride Restaurant. The restaurant is located in an old train station and offers a variety of American favorites.
8. Shop at the Westmoreland Mall. The mall has over 150 stores and a food court.
9. Play a round of golf at one of the several nearby golf courses.
10. Take a scenic drive through the Laurel Highlands. The region is home to several state parks and forests.