There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in New Providence, New Jersey! For one, you can take them to see the City Hall and the Police Station. Both of these places offer tours for children of all ages. The Police Station also offers a fingerprinting service for kids. If you’re looking for some fun in the sun, take them to the Community Pool or one of the many parks in town. Bowling is always a fun activity for kids, and there are several bowling alleys in New Providence. You can also take them to the New Providence Museum, where they can learn all about the history of the town.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In New Providence, New Jersey
1. Head to the over three-acre Turtle Back Zoo for a nature experience the kids will never forget! With penguins, red pandas, zebras, kangaroos, and more, the little ones will have a blast learning about the animal kingdom.
2. For more outdoor fun, bring the kids to the New Providence Memorial Library’s Butterfly Garden. This beautiful garden is home to over 20 different species of butterflies, and the kids will love getting up close and personal with these gentle creatures.
3. For a truly unique experience, take the kids to the New Jersey Children’s Museum. With interactive exhibits on everything from science and art to history and music, the kids will never be bored here!
4. Train enthusiasts will love a visit to the Whippany Railway Museum. With historic trains and interactive exhibits, the kids will learn all about the history of railroads in New Jersey.
5. Make a splash at the New Providence Memorial Pool! This outdoor pool is perfect for a hot summer day, and the kids will love swimming and sliding around.
6. Take a walk on the wild side at the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge. With over 7,000 acres of protected wetlands, the kids will love spotting all sorts of wildlife, from turtles and frogs to birds and deer.
7. Let the kids run off some energy at one of New Providence’s many playgrounds. With plenty of slides, swings, and other fun equipment, the kids will have a blast exploring all the different playgrounds have to offer.
8. For a fun and educational experience, bring the kids to the Liberty Science Center. With hands-on exhibits on everything from dinosaurs to space, the kids will learn all about the world around them.
9. Get up close and personal with some of New Jersey’s furry friends at the Essex County Turtle Back Zoo. With bears, tigers, and other animals, the kids will love learning about the animal kingdom.
10. No trip to New Providence would be complete without a visit to the New Jersey State House. This historic building is the seat of the state government, and the kids will love seeing where the important decisions are made.