There’s plenty for the kids to do in New Hampton! The New Hampton Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of activities for kids of all ages, including sports programs, arts and crafts classes, and special events. The city also has a number of parks and playgrounds, as well as a public pool. And if the weather isn’t cooperating, there’s always the New Hampton Public Library, which has a great selection of books, movies, and games for kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In New Hampton, Iowa
1. Visit the New Hampton Creamery – The New Hampton Creamery is a family-friendly attraction that has been serving up delicious ice cream since 1903. Visitors can tour the facility and watch the ice cream being made, then enjoy a cone or cup of their favorite flavor.
2. Play at the New Hampton City Park – The New Hampton City Park is a great place for kids to run and play. The park features a playground, picnic areas, a basketball court, and a walking trail.
3. Go swimming at the New Hampton Municipal Pool – The New Hampton Municipal Pool is a great place to cool off on a hot summer day. The pool features a diving board, slides, and a kiddie pool.
4. Visit the Livermore Falls – The Livermore Falls is a pretty spot to visit and take in the scenery. The falls are located just outside of New Hampton and are accessible by a short hike.
5. Take a scenic drive on the Loess Hills Scenic Byway – The Loess Hills Scenic Byway is a beautiful drive that takes you through the Loess Hills. The byway offers stunning views of the hills and the Missouri River.
6. Visit the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium – The National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium is a great place to learn about the river and its history. The museum features exhibits on the river and its ecology, and the aquarium has a variety of fish and other aquatic animals.
7. Go fishing on the Mississippi River – The Mississippi River is a great place to go fishing. There are lots of fish to be caught, and the views are beautiful.
8. Take a hike on the Waterloo-Cedar Falls & Iowa River Rail Trail – The Waterloo-Cedar Falls & Iowa River Rail Trail is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. The trail winds through the woods and offers scenic views of the river.
9. Visit the Grout Museum District – The Grout Museum District is a great place to learn about the history of Black Hawk County. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the county’s history, including the Grout Museum of History and Science.
10. Go golfing at the Celebration River Golf Course – The Celebration River Golf Course is a great place to get in some golfing. The course offers beautiful views of the river, and there are plenty of challenging holes to test your skills.