There are many kid friendly things to do in New Delhi, India. One can visit the National Museum, the National Rail Museum, the National Science Centre, and the Gandhi Smriti. For a more unique experience, one can also visit the Central industries, the Indian Military Academy, and the Nehru Planetarium. There are many kid friendly parks in New Delhi, as well as a variety of markets and festivals that occur throughout the year.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In New Delhi, India
1. Visit the National Museum: The National Museum in New Delhi is a must-visit for history buffs and curious kids alike. With over 200,000 artifacts on display, the museum covers 5,000 years of Indian history and culture. From stone sculptures to ancient bronzes, jewelry, and textiles, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
2. Tour the Old Fort: The Old Fort, or Purana Qila, is one of the most iconic landmarks in Delhi. Built in the 16th century, the fort was the site of many important historical events. Today, it is a popular tourist destination where you can explore the ruins, visit the museum, and take in sweeping views of the city.
3. Visit the Qutub Minar: The Qutub Minar is a towering 73-metre-tall minaret that is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Delhi. Built in the 12th century, the minaret was once the tallest structure in the world. Today, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a popular spot for tourists to visit.
4. Take a rickshaw ride: A rickshaw ride is a must-do when visiting Delhi. These two-wheeled, human-powered carts are a common form of transportation in the city, and a fun way to see the sights. Be sure to haggle with the driver over the price before getting in!
5. Visit the Red Fort: The Red Fort is a massive fort complex that was built in the 17th century by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. Constructed of red sandstone, the fort is an architectural marvel and a symbol of India’s rich history. Today, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a popular tourist destination.
6. See the Gandhi Memorial: The Gandhi Memorial is a monument honoring the life and legacy of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. Built in the 1950s, the memorial is a must-visit for anyone interested in Gandhi and his impact on India.
7. Ride the Delhi Metro: The Delhi Metro is a modern, efficient, and clean way to get around the city. With over 150 stations, the metro covers much of Delhi and is a great way to avoid the city’s notorious traffic.
8. Visit the Lotus Temple: The Lotus Temple is a beautiful building that is home to the Bahai faith. Built in the shape of a lotus flower, the temple is a popular tourist destination and a great spot to take pictures.
9. Shop at the Khan Market: The Khan Market is a popular shopping destination in Delhi, known for its boutique shops and offbeat stores. From handicrafts to designer clothes, you can find just about anything at the Khan Market.
10. Visit the Akshardham Temple: The Akshardham Temple is a Hindu temple that is one of the largest in the world. Built in the traditional style, the temple is an architectural marvel and a must-visit for anyone interested in Hinduism and Indian culture.