There’s plenty for youngsters to do in and around New Columbia, Pennsylvania. For the outdoor types,There are several kid friendly parks in the area including Knoebels Amusement Resort which has FREE admission and plenty of activities for the kiddos. Or head to Hershey Park for a day of rides and fun! History buffs will love Mount Hope Estate & Winery where they can tour the mansion, learn about the property’s agricultural past, and see live musical performances. And don’t forget about the animals! The H.O.P.E. Zoo is home to over 100 rescued animals and offers educational programs and events. No matter what your interests are, there’s sure to be something for everyone in New Columbia, Pennsylvania!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In New Columbia, Pennsylvania
1. Take a stroll through the historic downtown area and check out all of the unique shops and eateries.
2. Visit the Susquehanna Riverwalk to get some fresh air and take in the beautiful scenery.
3. Head to Cooper’s Pond for a perfect picnic spot complete with a playground, fishing, and scenic walking trails.
4.Kids will love exploring the Native American artifacts and exhibits at the Cliffs Discovery Center.
5. For a fun filled day of swimming, tubing, and kayaking head to Whipple Dam State Park.
6. Get up close and personal with some furry friends at the Flutterby Butterfly Farm and Petting Zoo.
7. Go on a horse drawn carriage ride through downtown for a truly unique experience.
8.pan for some fool’s gold at the Columbia Mine Cave Park.
9. Visit the Historic Pole Barn for a look into the area’s agricultural past.
10. Learn all about the local history at the Columbia County Museum.