Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Netarts, Oregon? Look no further! Here are some great ideas:
1. Visit the Oregon Coast Aquarium. This amazing aquarium is home to over 200 species of aquatic animals, including seals, sea lions, sharks, and much more.
2. Go for a hike. There are several great hiking trails in and around Netarts.
3. Go tidepooling. Netarts Bay is home to a variety of tidepool creatures, including sea stars, anemones, crabs, and more.
4. Visit the Netarts Bay Wildlife Refuge. This refuge is home to a variety of birds, ducks, and other wildlife.
5. Go fishing. Netarts Bay is a great place to fish for a variety of species, including salmon, trout, and bottom fish.
6. Play in the sand. Netarts Bay has a large sandy beach, perfect for building sandcastles, flying kites, or just playing in the sand.
7. Go clamming. Netarts Bay is home to a variety of clams, including geoducks, butter clams, and razor clams.
8. Visit the Netarts Bay Maritime Museum. This museum is dedicated to the maritime history of Netarts Bay.
9. Take a scenic drive. There are several scenic drives in and around Netarts, including the Three Capes Scenic Route.
10. Have a picnic. Netarts Bay is a great place to enjoy a picnic lunch or dinner.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Netarts, Oregon
1. Visit the Oregon Coast Aquarium – The Oregon Coast Aquarium is a great place to learn about and see marine life up close. They have a variety of exhibits and programs for kids of all ages.
2. Go on a whale watching tour – Oregon is home to a variety of whale species and there are several tour operators that offer whale watching tours. This is a great opportunity to see these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
3. Visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory – The Tillamook Cheese Factory is a must-visit for any cheese lover. Kids will enjoy seeing how cheese is made and there’s even a gift shop where you can buy some to take home.
4. Get ice cream at the Tillamook Creamery – The Tillamook Creamery is a great place to cool off with some delicious ice cream. They offer a variety of flavors and you can even take a tour of the facility to see how it’s made.
5. Go hiking at Cape Lookout State Park – Cape Lookout State Park is a beautiful place to go hiking with stunning views of the Oregon coast. There are several trails to choose from depending on your fitness level.
6. Go fishing at Garibaldi Marina – The marina is a great place to go fishing with the kids. They offer a variety of fishing poles and bait for purchase, or you can bring your own.
7. Go crabbing at the docks – Crabbing is a popular activity in Oregon and the docks in Netarts Bay are a great place to do it. You can purchase crabbing gear at the marina or bring your own.
8. Play in the sand at Short Sands Beach – Short Sands Beach is a great place to play in the sand and build sandcastles. There’s also a playground nearby for the kids to enjoy.
9. Go tidepooling at Oceanside Beach – Oceanside Beach is a great place to explore the tidepools and look for marine life. Be sure to bring some water shoes so you don’t get cut on the rocks.
10. Have a picnic at Netarts Bayview Park – Netarts Bayview Park is a beautiful place to enjoy a picnic with the family. There are several picnic tables and a playground for the kids to enjoy.