Ness City is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained. The Robert B. Daugherty Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids swimming, and there is also a spray ground and wading pool for the little ones. The Ness City Zoo is a great place to see some of the local wildlife, and there are also several playgrounds and parks in town. For a bit of history, the Pioneer Bluffs Ranch and Museum is a great place to learn about the area’s history and see some of the pioneer buildings.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Ness City, Kansas
1. Visit the Big Well. The Big Well is a large, hand-dug well that was built in 1888 and is now a museum. Visitors can tour the museum and learn about the history of the well and the town.
2. Go to the Ness County courthouse. The Ness County courthouse is a historic building that was built in 1884. Visitors can tour the courthouse and learn about the history of the county.
3. Visit the Sitting Bull statue. The Sitting Bull statue is a life-size bronze statue of the famous Native American chief. The statue is located in a park and is a popular spot for photos.
4. Go fishing at Carrico Park. Carrico Park is a city park that has a pond with fishing. Visitors can bring their own fishing gear or rent it from the park.
5. Visit the Ness City Zoo. The Ness City Zoo is home to more than 100 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a petting zoo and a playground.
6. Play mini golf at Big Bend Fun Park. Big Bend Fun Park is a mini golf course with 18 holes. The course is located in a park and also has a arcade.
7. See a movie at the Starlite Drive-In. The Starlite Drive-In is a drive-in movie theater that shows movies on a large screen. Visitors can watch movies from the comfort of their own cars.
8. Go roller skating at the Roller Dome. The Roller Dome is a roller skating rink that offers public skating sessions. Skaters can also rent skates from the rink.
9. Play at the Ness City splash pad. The Ness City splash pad is a water play area for children. The splash pad has different spray features and is open seasonally.
10. Visit the Ness City Museum. The Ness City Museum is a museum with exhibits about the history of the town and the surrounding area. The museum also has a gift shop.