There is no shortage of kid-friendly activities in the Nelson, Wisconsin area! For the outdoorsy family, Mirror Lake State Park is a must-see. The park offers plenty of hiking and biking trails, as well as opportunities to fish, swim, and paddleboat. History buffs will enjoy the Douglass House Museum, which chronicles the life of abolitionist Frederick Douglass. Kids will love the hands-on exhibits at the Eau Claire Children’s Museum, and the entire family can appreciate the sculptures at the Leaders in Industry and Commerce Park. No matter what your interests, Nelson has something to offer everyone in the family!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Nelson, Wisconsin
1. Rent a paddle boat or canoe and explore Nelson Lake.
2. Take a scenic hike through the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
3. Play a round of golf at one of Nelson’s three golf courses.
4. Visit the World’s Largest Pipe Organ in the City Park.
5. Stop by the Swiss Cheese House for a tour and some samples.
6. Go for a swim in one of the many outdoor pools in Nelson.
7.Check out the live music at one of Nelson’s many bars and restaurants.
8. Shop for antiques and collectibles at the Nelsonville Flea Market.
9. Take a drive down one of Nelson’s scenic country roads.
10. Visit the Henry Vilas Zoo, one of the only free zoos in the country.