Naze is a small town located in the far south of Japan on the island of Kyushu. Although it is not a well-known tourist destination, there are a few kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Naze. One of the most popular attractions is the Naze Aqua World, an indoor water park with slides, a wave pool, and a leisure pool. There is also a small amusement park located in the town center, which has a few rides and a few arcade games. For those interested in history, the Naze Shell Mounds are the remains of an ancient shellfish-gathering settlement that dates back to around 3000 BC. Today, the site is open to the public and has a small museum with exhibits on the history of the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Naze, Japan
1. Visit Amano Japanese Village Garden: The Amano Japanese Village Garden is a beautiful and serene spot that is perfect for a picnic or simply enjoying the scenery. The garden features several ponds and streams, as well as a traditional Japanese tea house.
2. Take a walk through Konpira Shrine: Konpira Shrine is a beautiful and atmospheric shrine that is perfect for a peaceful stroll. The shrine is dedicated to the sea god Konpira and features many interesting statues and carvings.
3. Visit the Naze Maritime Museum: The Naze Maritime Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area and its connection to the sea. The museum features several exhibits on the area’s shipbuilding industry, as well as a variety of maritime-related artifacts.
4. Have a picnic at the Naze Park: The Naze Park is a lovely spot for a picnic, with plenty of green space and a gorgeous view of the sea. The park also has a playground and a few small shops, making it a great spot to spend an afternoon.
5. Go for a swim at Naze Beach: Naze Beach is a great place to take a dip in the ocean, with its clean and sandy shores. The beach is also a popular spot for windsurfing and other water sports.
6. Visit the Naze Dinosaur Museum: The Naze Dinosaur Museum is a great place to learn about the area’s prehistoric past. The museum features a number of life-size dinosaur models, as well as a variety of fossils and other prehistoric artifacts.
7. Stroll through the Naze Nature Park: The Naze Nature Park is a beautiful spot for a leisurely stroll, with plenty of trees and flowers to enjoy. The park also has a number of small ponds, which are home to a variety of fish and amphibians.
8. Take a ride on the Naze Dolphincruiser: The Naze Dolphincruiser is a great way to see the area’s dolphins up close. The boat ride takes you through the dolphins’ natural habitat, and you may even be lucky enough to see them swimming and playing.
9. Shop at the Naze Market: The Naze Market is a great place to find fresh produce, seafood, and other local goods. The market is open every day, and you can even try your hand at bargaining for a better price.
10. Visit the Naze War Memorial: The Naze War Memorial is a moving tribute to the area’s World War II history. The memorial features a number of interesting exhibits, as well as a beautiful garden with a view of the sea.