Nantou is home to Taipei’s second-largest lake, and there are plenty of activities to keep kids entertained. Take a scenic hike around the lake, visit one of the many temples, or go on a boat ride.
In the city, there are a few parks perfect for kids. local parents recommend Yi Zhong Shan Park and Zhongshan Park. At Yi Zhong Shan, there is a playground, a botanical garden, and a lot of open space to run around. Zhongshan Park is great for toddlers and young kids because of the shallow pond (great for paddling around in) and the many ducks that call the park home.
If you’re looking for something a little more unique, check out the Glass Art Museum. Kids will love the many colorful and unusual glass sculptures, and there’s also a glass-blowing studio on site.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Nantou, Taiwan
1. Visit one of Taiwan’s many national parks.
2. Hike to the top of Jade Mountain.
3. Take a cable car ride up to Taipei 101.
4. Visit the National Palace Museum.
5. Learn about tea at the Taiwan Tea Research and Extension Station.
6. Go for a swim at Sun Moon Lake.
7. Take a ride on the Alishan Forest Railway.
8. Visit the reopen Longshan Temple.
9. Admire the flowers at the Zhongshe Flower Market.
10. Get up close to some of Taiwan’s animals at the zoo.