There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Moyobamba, Peru! For starters, the city boasts a number of parks and playgrounds, perfect for exploring and burning off energy. The Moyobamba Zoo is also a popular destination for families with young children, as is the nearby Taruka Zoo Reserve. Both zoos offer the opportunity to see a variety of animals up close, and the Taruka Zoo Reserve also has hiking trails and a lake where you can spot wildlife.
If your kids are interested in history and culture, Moyobamba has plenty to offer in that department as well. The city is home to a number of museums, including the Museum of Natural History, the Regional Museum of Moyobamba, and the San Francisco de Assisi Cathedral Museum. There are also a number of archaeological sites in the area, such as the Choquecaca Archaeological Site and the Chaupimayo Archaeological Complex. Of course, no trip to Moyobamba would be complete without a visit to the Amazon rainforest! There are a number of tour companies that offer kid-friendly tours of the rainforest, complete with educational activities and plenty of opportunities to see amazing animals and plants up close.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Moyobamba, Peru
1. Visit the Palacio Municipal.
2. Take a walk through Moyobamba’s Central Park.
3. Visit the Moyobamba Zoo.
4. Take a ride on the Moyobamba River Cable Car.
5. Visit the Museum of Anthropology and History.
6.Take a hike to the waterfall at Lake El Dorado.
7. Visit the Church of San Pablo.
8. Do some shopping at the Moyobamba Market.
9. Play some games at the Moyobamba Sports Complex.
10. Have some fun at the Moyobamba Water Park.