There are many kid friendly things to do in Mount Vernon, Ohio. The first place to start is at the Knox County History Center. This is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the area and see some amazing artifacts. The center also has a family genealogy research center where kids can learn about their ancestors. Another great kid friendly activity is a visit to the Kenyon College campus. Kids will love seeing the beautiful buildings and learning about the college. There is also a small zoo on campus that is free to the public. The final stop on any kid friendly tour of Mount Vernon, Ohio would have to be the Mohican Wildlife Refuge. This is a great place to see some of the amazing wildlife that call Ohio home. Kids will love seeing the animals and hiking the trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mount Vernon, Ohio
1. Hike through the Dawes Arboretum – The Dawes Arboretum is a great place to take a nature hike with your kids. There are plenty of trails to explore, and you’re sure to see some interesting plant and animal life along the way.
2. Visit the Knox County History Center – The Knox County History Center is a great place to take your kids if they’re interested in learning about the area’s history. They can see exhibits on the county’s Native American history, the Underground Railroad, and much more.
3. Play at Geller Park – Geller Park is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. They can play on the playground, splash around in the sprayground, or just run around on the open turf.
4.Explore the Kenyon College campus – Kenyon College is a beautiful campus to explore, and it’s especially fun for kids. They can check out the various buildings, the fountain, and the staircase that inspired the movie “The staircase” scene in the movie “The Social Network”.
5. Visit the scenic Kokosing River – The Kokosing River is a great place to take a leisurely stroll with your kids. You can take in the scenic views, stop to feed the ducks, and even go for a swim if the weather is warm enough.
6. Check out the animals at the Knox County Animal Shelter – The Knox County Animal Shelter is a great place to take your kids if they love animals. They can meet some of the adoptable animals and even help out with some of the shelter’s daily tasks.
7. Have a picnic at Waldo Park – Waldo Park is a great place to have a picnic with your kids. You can spread out a blanket and enjoy a picnic lunch while taking in the scenic views.
8. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Kokosing Gap Trail – The Kokosing Gap Trail is a great place to get some fresh air with your kids. You can walk, run, or bike the trail and take in the beautiful scenery along the way.
9. Visit the MVNObservatory – The MVNObservatory is a great place to take your kids if they’re interested in astronomy. They can look through the telescope and learn about the different constellations.
10. tour the Knox County Courthouse – The Knox County Courthouse is a great place to take your kids on a tour. They can see the different courtrooms, learn about the different types of cases that are tried there, and even meet the judges.