There are many kid friendly activities to do in Mount Union, Pennsylvania. For the outdoorsy family, take a hike on the Appalachian Trail or explore Penns Cave. History buffs will enjoy touring Fort Hunter Mansion and Park and the Centre County Historical Society. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch to enjoy at one of the many scenic parks in the area. There are also a variety of kid-friendly museums, such as the Susquehanna River Valley Visitors Center and the Pennsylvania State University Museum. And no trip to Mount Union would be complete without a visit to the Hershey Chocolate Factory!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mount Union, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Pennsylvania State Forest. The Pennsylvania State Forest is a great place to explore with your kids. There are miles of trails to hike, streams to fish in, and plenty of wildlife to see.
2. Go tubing down the Susquehanna River. The Susquehanna River is a great place to go tubing in the summer. You can rent tubes from a number of different places in town and float down the river for a few hours.
3. Take a scenic drive through the Allegheny National Forest. The Allegheny National Forest is a beautiful place to take a drive. There are many different scenic roads to choose from, and you’re sure to see some amazing views.
4. Visit the Chapman State Park. Chapman State Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of hiking and picnicking. There are also a number of different playgrounds and a beach area where you can swim in the summer.
5. Go fishing at the Raystown Lake. Raystown Lake is a great place to go fishing. There are a number of different fishing spots around the lake, and you’re sure to catch a few fish.
6. Take a hike on the Rails-to-Trails. The Rails-to-Trails is a great place to take a hike with your kids. The trail follows an old railroad bed and is flat, making it an easy hike for young children.
7. Visit the Blair County Convention Center. The Blair County Convention Center is a great place to take the kids. There are a number of different events that are held here throughout the year, and you’re sure to find something that your kids will enjoy.
8. Go to the Altoona Curve baseball game. The Altoona Curve is the local minor league baseball team, and they’re a lot of fun to watch. Tickets are relatively inexpensive, and you’re sure to have a good time.
9. Spend a day at the DelGrosso’s Amusement Park. DelGrosso’s Amusement Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. There are a number of different rides and attractions, and you’re sure to have a great time.
10. Visit the Historic Pennsylvania Canal. The Historic Pennsylvania Canal is a great place to take a walk or ride a bike. There are a number of different trails to choose from, and you’re sure to see some amazing scenery.