There are plenty of kid friendly activities to do in Mount Isa, Australia. For the outdoor enthusiasts, there is plenty of hiking and camping to be had in the area. There are also several golf courses and tennis courts that are perfect for a family day out. For those who like to stay indoors, there are plenty of museums and art galleries to visit. There are also several kid friendly restaurants in Mount Isa, Australia that will be sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something for everyone in Mount Isa, Australia.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mount Isa, Australia
1. Visit the Outback at Isa, an Aboriginal-owned and -operated tourist park that provides an authentic experience of Mount Isa’s outback culture and history.
2. Take a camel ride through the red sand dunes of the outback, an experience that both kids and adults will enjoy.
3. Go on a tour of the BHP Billiton smelter, one of the world’s largest lead and zinc mines. Kids will love seeing the huge machines and learning about how the smelter works.
4. Visit the Mount Isa Rodeo, one of the largest and most famous rodeos in the world. Kids will love seeing the cowboys and cowgirls in action and may even get to pet a horse or two.
5. Learn about Mount Isa’s mining history at the Outback Mining Museum. Kids will love seeing the old mining equipment and learning about the city’s past.
6. Go for a swim in Lake Moondarra, a man-made lake that’s perfect for cooling off on a hot day.
7.Take a scenic drive or walk around the city to see the sights. Mount Isa is home to some beautiful desert landscapes that are sure to impress.
8. Visit the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, where kids can learn about and see some of Australia’s cutest animals.
9. Visit the North Queensland Zoo, where kids can see all sorts of animals from all over the world.
10. Play in the many parks and playgrounds scattered throughout Mount Isa. Kids will love running around and exploring all the different areas.