There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Mount Holly, Vermont! For starters, you can explore the many hiking trails and parks in the area. The Bennington Battle Monument is also a great place to visit with kids. If you’re looking for some indoor activities, the Bennington Museum and the Vermont Museum of Natural History are both great options. And of course, no trip to Mount Holly would be complete without a visit to the world-famous Vermont Teddy Bear Factory!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mount Holly, Vermont
1. Walk or bike on the Holly Trail: The Holly Trail is a gentle, level path great for walking, biking, and strollers. The trail offers scenic views of Mount Holly and Okemo Mountain.
2. Climb Okemo Mountain: Okemo Mountain is a great place to hike, mountain bike, or ride the gondola to the summit. On a clear day, you can see Vermont, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts from the top of the mountain.
3. Visit the Perkins Museum: The Perkins Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Mount Holly and the surrounding area. The museum has exhibits on the Civil War, local wildlife, and the history of the Okemo Mountain ski resort.
4. Go kayaking or canoeing on Black River: Black River is a beautiful river that runs through Mount Holly. You can rent kayaks and canoes from several businesses in town and paddle your way down the river.
5. Play in Meacham Brook Park: Meacham Brook Park is a great place for kids to play. The park has a playground, a basketball court, and a baseball field.
6. Go fishing in Meacham Brook: Meacham Brook is a great place to fish for trout. You can fish from the shore or rent a canoe or kayak and fish from the river.
7. Go swimming in Black River: Black River is a great place to go swimming. There are several swimming holes along the river where you can take a dip.
8. Ride the Mount Holly Gondola: The Mount Holly Gondola is a great way to get a bird’s eye view of the town and the surrounding area. You can ride the gondola to the top of Okemo Mountain or just ride it for fun.
9. Visit the Mount Holly Farmer’s Market: The Mount Holly Farmer’s Market is a great place to get fresh local produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts. The market is open from May to October.
10. Take a scenic drive: There are many scenic drives in and around Mount Holly. Some of the best drives are along Route 100, Route 103, and the Vermont scenic byways.