There are many kid friendly things to do in Mount Gambier, Australia. Families can explore the many parks and playgrounds the city has to offer, such as Cave Gardens and Centennial Park. Or, take a short drive out to the nearby Umpherston Sinkhole or Blue Lake for a swim. For something a little more unique, visits the Mount Gambier Wildlife Park to see koalas, kangaroos, and emus, or the Old Mount Gambier gaol for a tour of the historic prison.Other fun kid-friendly activities in Mount Gambier include the Farmer’s Market, riding the mini train at the Rail Land, or visiting theLady Nelson Visitor Centre. And, of course, no trip to Mount Gambier would be complete without tasting the famous blue cheese!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mount Gambier, Australia
1. Calypso Star Charters: Go on a charter boat ride and see the wildlife that Mount Gambier has to offer.
2. Dimonds Cave: Take a tour of this underground cave and see the stalactites and stalagmites.
3.Engelbrecht Cave: Another underground cave to explore with a guide.
4.Umpherston Sinkhole: Hike to the bottom of this sinkhole and see the lush vegetation.
5. Tantanoola Caves: Explore the many caves in the area on a guided tour.
6. The Blue Lake: Take a swim in this refreshing lake or just enjoy the views.
7. Centenary Tower: Climb to the top of this tower for 360 views of Mount Gambier.
8. The Crater Lakes: Visit the four crater lakes in the area and learn about their formation.
9. Cave Gardens: Relax in the gardens or take a walk through the caves.
10. Old Mount Gambier Gaol: Take a tour of this former jail and learn about its history.