There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Morrison, Oklahoma! For outdoorsy kids, there’s fishing and hiking at Lake Carl Blackwell, or playing at one of the many parks in the city. Art lovers can check out the Native American art at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, or the FredJones Jr. Museum of Art. History buffs can explore the Morrison Heritage Museum, or go on a wagon tour of the Cherokee Outlet Cowboy Town. And there’s always the classic kid favorite, getting ice cream at one of the local shops! No matter what your child is interested in, there’s something for them to do in Morrison.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Morrison, Oklahoma
1. Take a nature hike at the Black Mesa Nature Preserve – The Black Mesa Nature Preserve is a great place to explore nature and get some fresh air. There are miles of hiking trails to explore, and you might even see some wildlife along the way.
2. Visit the ATM Cave – The ATM Cave is a popular tourist destination in Morrison. The cave is home to a variety of stalactites and stalagmites, and it’s a cool place to explore.
3. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area – There are plenty of lakes in and around Morrison, so it’s a great place to go fishing. You can bring your own fishing gear or rent some from a local shop.
4. Play mini golf at the Andy Alligator’s Fun Park – Andy Alligator’s Fun Park is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. In addition to mini golf, the park also has go-karts, bumper cars, and more.
5. Visit the Morrison Stone House – The Morrison Stone House is a historic landmark in Morrison. The house was built in the 18th century, and it’s now open to the public for tours.
6. Go for a swim at the Morrison Municipal Pool – The Morrison Municipal Pool is a great place to take a dip on a hot day. The pool is open to the public, and there’s also a waterslide and diving board.
7. Play at the Morrison City Park – The Morrison City Park is a great place to bring the kids for a day of play. The park has a playground, a basketball court, and a picnic shelter.
8. Attend a performance at the resistible Morrison Opera House – The Morrison Opera House is a historic theater that hosts a variety of performances throughout the year. You can see everything from plays to musicals to comedy shows.
9. Browse the shops in downtown Morrison – Downtown Morrison is home to a variety of shops, including art galleries, clothing stores, and more. It’s a great place to do some shopping or just browse the shops.
10. Visit the Morrison Museum – The Morrison Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area. The museum has a variety of exhibits, and it’s also home to a research library.