There are many kid-friendly things to do in Moravian Falls, North Carolina. One option is to spend a day at the Tweetsie Railroad, a historic train ride that has been around since 1892. Another option is to visit the Grandfather Mountain High Country Zoo, which is home to over 60 different species of animals. There are also numerous hiking trails and waterfalls in the area that are perfect for exploring with the family. And, of course, no trip to North Carolina would be complete without visiting one of the many beaches on the Outer Banks.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Moravian Falls, North Carolina
1. Visit the Yadkin Valley Wine Trail – The Yadkin Valley Wine Trail is a scenic route through the Yadkin Valley region of North Carolina, which is home to over 30 wineries. Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the wineries, which offer tastings, tours, and special events.
2. Hike to the Moravian Falls waterfall – The Moravian Falls waterfall is located on the Moravian Creek in the town of Moravian Falls. The hike to the waterfall is an easy 1.5 miles round-trip and is a great way to see some of the area’s beautiful scenery.
3. Visit the Stone Mountain State Park – The Stone Mountain State Park is located in the town of Elkin. The park offers camping, hiking, fishing, and horseback riding. There is also a visitor center with exhibits on the park’s history and wildlife.
4. Go fishing at the Yadkin River – The Yadkin River is a great place to go fishing. Visitors can fish for trout, bass, and catfish. There are also several fishing tournaments held throughout the year.
5. Take a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway – The Blue Ridge Parkway is a 469-mile long scenic road that runs through the Appalachian Mountains. The Parkway offers stunning views of the mountains and is a great place to take a scenic drive.
6. Visit the Historic Bethabara Park – The Historic Bethabara Park is a living history museum that interprets the 18th-century Moravian settlement of Bethabara. The park features a recreated Moravian village, a museum, and a working farm.
7. Hike to the top of Pilot Mountain – Pilot Mountain is a popular hiking destination. The hike to the top of the mountain is 2.5 miles round-trip and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
8. Go tubing down the New River – The New River is a great place to go tubing. Visitors can float down the river on a tube and enjoy the scenic views.
9. Take a scenic train ride on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad – The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad is a scenic train that runs through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The train offers scenic views of the mountains and is a great way to see the park.
10. Visit the Biltmore Estate – The Biltmore Estate is a large private estate that was built by George Vanderbilt in the late 19th century. The estate features a mansion, gardens, wineries, and a village. Visitors can take tours of the Estate and learn about its history.