Montreux is a picturesque town located on Lake Geneva in Switzerland. It is known for its mild climate and lush gardens. Montreux is also home to the famous Montreux Jazz Festival. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained in Montreux.
The Chateau de Chillon is a must-see. This medieval castle is located on an island in Lake Geneva and can be reached by a short boat ride from Montreux. Kids will love exploring the castle grounds and learning about its history.
A visit to the Freddy Mercury Statue is also a must for any fan of the late singer. The statue is located on the lakeside promenade and makes for a great photo opportunity.
For a fun activity, take the kids to the Chaplin’s World Museum. The museum is dedicated to the life and work of Charlie Chaplin who lived in Montreux for many years. Kids will enjoy watching Chaplin films and seeing some of his personal belongings.
If the weather is nice, head to one of the many parks in Montreux. The Riverside Park is a great option and has a playground, mini golf, and a petting zoo. The Parc de l’Esterel is another option and is great for hiking and picnicking.
Montreux is a great destination for a family vacation. With so many kid-friendly activities, the whole family is sure to have a great time.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Montreux, Switzerland
1. Ride the Swiss mini rail: The Swiss mini rail is a great way to get around Montreux. It is a small train that goes around the city.
2. Visit the Chocolate Factory: The Chocolate Factory is a great place to visit for kids. They can learn about how chocolate is made and even get to taste some!
3. Go for a walk in the Old Town: The Old Town is a great place to explore on foot. There are many narrow streets and alleyways to discover.
4. Visit the Castle: The Castle is a great place to visit for kids. They can learn about the history of the castle and even go on a tour.
5. Play in the Park: There are many parks in Montreux that are great for kids to play in.
6. Visit the Zoo: The Zoo is a great place to visit for kids. They can learn about the animals and even get to see them up close.
7. Go on a Boat Ride: There are many boat rides available in Montreux. Kids can enjoy the scenery as they cruise around the lake.
8. Visit the Museum: The Museum is a great place to visit for kids. They can learn about the history of the city and even see some exhibits.
9. Go Shopping: There are many shops in Montreux that are great for kids to browse.
10. Eat Swiss Cheese: Swiss cheese is a delicious treat that kids will love.