Montour, Iowa is a great place for kids to explore and learn. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities and attractions in Montour that will keep your little ones entertained. The Iowa Children’s Museum is a must-see for any family visiting Montour. This museum is filled with interactive exhibits and activities that are perfect for kids of all ages. The Montour Aquatic Center is another great spot for kids to cool off and have some fun. This facility features a water slide, zero-depth entry pool, and a whirling lap pool. For kids who love animals, the Pumpkin Hollow Zoo is a great place to visit. This zoo has over 100 animals, including bears, lions, and tigers. If your family enjoys the outdoors, Montour is home to numerous parks and trails that are perfect for exploring. The city also has a variety of sports and recreation facilities that kids can enjoy. No matter what your family enjoys, you are sure to find kid-friendly activities to keep everyone happy during your visit to Montour, Iowa.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Montour, Iowa
1. Visit the Montour Aquatic Center to cool off on a hot day! The Aquatic Center features a zero-depth entry pool, waterslide, and splash pad.
2. Take a hike on one of Montour’s many trails! The city has over 5 miles of trails to explore.
3. Go fishing at one of Montour’s three lakes -Connector Lake, Memorial Park Lake, or North Park Lake.
4. Play a game of discs or horseshoes at one of the city’s two parks – Memorial Park or North Park.
5. Go for a bike ride on the Wabash Trace Nature Trail, a 64-mile long recreational trail that runs through Montour.
6. Have a picnic lunch at one of the city’s three parks – Memorial Park, North Park, or South Park.
7. Visit the Montour Historical Museum to learn about the city’s history.
8. Attend a event at the Montour Community Center, such as a movie night, dance, or concert.
9. Go bowling at Spare Time Lanes, Montour’s only bowling alley.
10. Play mini golf at Big putt, Montour’s only mini golf course.