Monticello is a small town in Maine with a population of just over 1,000 people. The town is located in Aroostook County, which is the largest county in the state. Monticello is situated on the border of Canada, and is about two hours away from the nearest major city, Bangor. Despite its small size, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Monticello. The town has several parks, including a playground, a basketball court, and a swimming hole. There are also several hiking trails in the area. For kids who like to be active, the town has a Youth Center that offers programs and activities for kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Monticello, Maine
1. Visit the Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge: The Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to see wildlife and learn about nature. There are hiking trails, picnicking areas, and a visitor center with exhibits on the local wildlife.
2. Go fishing: Monticello is a great place to go fishing. There are many ponds and lakes in the area that are perfect for fishing. You can also fish in the Big Lake Wild Waters Area.
3. Visit the Monticello Library: The Monticello Library is a great place to visit for kids. There are many books and materials for kids to enjoy. The library also has a computers with internet access.
4. Go for a hike: There are many hiking trails in Monticello. You can hike to see waterfalls, lakes, and forest.
5. Have a picnic: Picnicking is a great way to spend time with family and friends. There are many picnic areas in Monticello. You can also have a picnic at the Moosehorn National Wildlife Refuge.
6. Go swimming: There are several lakes in Monticello that are perfect for swimming. You can also swim in the Big Lake Wild Waters Area.
7. Play tennis: There are several tennis courts in Monticello. You can also play tennis at the Monticello Recreation Center.
8. Go to the movies: There is a movie theater in Monticello. You can also rent movies from the Monticello Library.
9. Go shopping: There are several shops in Monticello. You can find clothes, gifts, and souvenirs.
10. Visit the Monticello Museum: The Monticello Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Monticello. There are many exhibits on the area’s history and culture.