Montesano is a great place for kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them busy. The city has a beautiful waterfront park with a playground, picnic areas, and a walking trail. There is also an interactive museum called the Montesano Agriculture and Forestry Museum. Kids can learn about the history of the area and see how the locals live. If your kids are looking for a little more excitement, they can head to the Montesano Skate Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Montesano, Washington
1. Visit the Olympic Game Farm – The Olympic Game Farm is a 320-acre wildlife park and petting zoo located in Sequim, WA. Visitors can feed and pet the animals, and there are also Wildlife Photo Safaris and Guided Tour experiences available.
2. Go Berry Picking at Flickinger’s Farm – Flickinger’s Farm is a family-owned and operated farm located in Montesano, WA. They offer many activities for families, including berry picking (in season), a corn maze, tractor-pulled hayrides, and a petting zoo.
3. Visit the Harbor – The Montesano harbor is a beautiful place to take a walk, relax, and enjoy the views. There is also a playground located nearby, as well as a few restaurants and cafes.
4. Play At McCleary Park – McCleary Park is a large park located in McCleary, WA. It features a playground, picnic areas, walking trails, a basketball court, and a baseball field.
5. Go Hiking or Camping in the Olympic National Park – The Olympic National Park is a short drive from Montesano and is a great place to go camping or hiking. There are many different trails to choose from, ranging in difficulty level.
6. Visit the Grays Harbor Lighthouse – The Grays Harbor Lighthouse is located in Westport, WA and is open for tours from April through October. Visitors can learn about the history of the lighthouse, as well as enjoy the views from the top.
7. Go to the Beach – The beaches in the Grays Harbor area are some of the most beautiful in Washington. Families can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, picnicking, and more.
8. Visit the Children’s Museum of Tacoma – The Children’s Museum of Tacoma is a great place for kids to learn and play. There are many interactive exhibits, as well as a cafe and gift shop.
9. Go Fishing – Fishing is a popular pastime in the Grays Harbor area. There are many charter companies that offer guided fishing trips, or families can go on their own.
10. Take a Scenic Drive – The Grays Harbor area is home to many scenic drives. One of the most popular is the Olympic Peninsula loop, which takes visitors through some of the most beautiful parts of the Olympic National Park.