There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Montemurlo, Italy. Some of the most popular include visiting the many museums and galleries, taking a ride on the local tram, or exploring the hillside villages. Other popular activities include strolling through the many parks and gardens, playing in the many playgrounds, or visiting one of the many family-friendly restaurants. With so much to see and do, Montemurlo is the perfect destination for a family holiday.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Montemurlo, Italy
1. Parco della resistenza- this park is dedicated to the Italian resistance movement and is a great place for kids to learn about Italian history. There are several playgrounds and a large pond where you can feed the ducks.
2. Museo della storia di Montemurlo- this museum chronicles the history of Montemurlo from the Roman era to the present day. It is located in an old palazzo and has a beautiful garden.
3. Castello dei Lanci- this medieval castle is now a museum and hosts regular events such as concerts and plays. Kids will love exploring the castle grounds and the museum.
4. Cantiere Navale- this is a working shipyard where you can see boats being built and repaired. Kids will love seeing the big ships up close and the workers in action.
5. Giardino Botanico- this botanical garden is a great place to explore with kids. There are over 1500 plant species, a waterfall, and a pond with fish.
6. Villa Cafasso- this villa was built in the 18th century and is now a museum. Kids can explore the beautiful gardens and learn about the history of the villa.
7. La Rocca- this is a ruined medieval castle that sits on a hilltop overlooking Montemurlo. Kids can explore the ruins and imagine what life was like in medieval times.
8. Biblioteca Civica- this public library has a large children’s section with books, games, and activities. Kids can also use the computers and participate in the summer reading program.
9. Chiesa di Santa Croce- this church is one of the oldest in Montemurlo and has a beautiful baroque interior. Kids can learn about the history of the church and see the beautiful artwork.
10. Parco della Molinella- this park is located on the banks of the River Bisenzio and has walking and bike trails, a playground, and a picnic area. Kids can explore nature and play in the playground.