Monclova, Mexico is a beautiful and historic city with plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. A visit to the city’s ancient Mayan ruins is a must, as is strolling through the stunning colonial streets. Monclova is also home to a number of great museums, including the Museum of Realism and the Museum of Anthropology, which are sure to capture the imagination of any young museum-goer. And, of course, no trip to Monclova would be complete without a stop at one of the city’s many delicious ice cream shops!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Monclova, Mexico
1. Wander through the Monclova Desert Museum: This museum is devoted to the natural history of the Monclova desert region. It contains interactive exhibits on the region’s plants, animals, geology, and ecology.
2. Visit the Monclova Cathedral: This imposing cathedral is one of the most important architectural landmarks in Monclova. It was built in the 19th century in a Neo-Gothic style, and contains a beautiful stained glass window depicting the city’s patron saint, Our Lady of the Rosary.
3. Go on a tour of the Monclova Aqueduct: This aqueduct was built in the 18th century to bring water from the Rio Grande to Monclova. It is now a popular tourist attraction, and visitors can walk or ride bikes along its length.
4. Shop at the Monclova Market: This market is the perfect place to find souvenirs and handmade goods from Monclova. It is located in the city center, and is open daily.
5. Take a hike in the Sierra de Monclova: The Sierra de Monclova is a beautiful mountain range located just outside of the city. There are numerous hiking trails of varying difficulty, and the scenery is stunning.
6. Visit the Monclova Zoo: This small zoo is located on the outskirts of Monclova, and is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. There is also a petting zoo area, where children can interact with more gentle animals.
7. Go horseback riding: Monclova is a great place to go horseback riding, due to its many open spaces and scenic trails. There are several companies in the city that offer horseback riding tours.
8. Play at the Monclova Municipal Park: This park is a great place for children to play and run around. It has a playground, a pond, and plenty of green space.
9. Have a picnic at the Picnic Grounds: The Picnic Grounds are located in the center of Monclova, and are a great spot for a family picnic. There are picnic tables, a playground, and a wide open grassy area.
10. Go on a day trip to the ruins of Casa Grande: The ruins of Casa Grande are located about an hour from Monclova, and are a fascinating glimpse into the city’s history. The site includes the remains of a large mansion, as well as a small museum.