There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Mohawk, New York. For starters, the village is home to the world’s largest toy museum, the American Toy Museum. There are also several parks and playgrounds, as well as a public pool.
In terms of activities, there are plenty of options for kids of all ages. There are several hiking trails and a few fishing spots in and around the village. In the summer, the local farmer’s market is a great place to take kids to pick out some fresh fruits and vegetables. There are also a number of events and festivals held throughout the year that are perfect for families.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mohawk, New York
1. Visit the Active8 Kids Adventure Center – Active8 Kids Adventure Center is a kid-friendly indoor play place that offers a variety of activities for kids of all ages. There is a large climbing structure, a trampoline, a foam pit, a zip line, and more. There is also a cafe on-site for parents to relax while their kids play.
2. Visit Herkimer Diamond Mines – The Herkimer Diamond Mines is a great place for kids to learn about geology and minerals. They offer tours of the mines where kids can see real diamonds and other minerals in their natural setting. There are also gemstone panning activities available.
3. Take a Ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railway – The Adirondack Scenic Railway offers a unique way to see the Mohawk Valley. Kids will love riding on the vintage trains as they wind their way through the scenic countryside.
4. Visit the Seward House Museum – The Seward House Museum is a historic house museum that was once the home of William Seward, who served as the Secretary of State during the Lincoln administration. Visitors can tour the house and grounds and learn about Seward’s life and times.
5. Visit the Hamilton College campus – Hamilton College is a beautiful college campus located in Clinton, New York. Visitors can take a self-guided tour of the campus and see the beautiful buildings and grounds.
6. Visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame – The National Baseball Hall of Fame is located in Cooperstown, New York and is a must-visit for any baseball fan. Kids will love seeing all of the memorabilia and learning about the history of the game.
7. Take a Hike in the Adirondacks – The Adirondack Mountains are a great place to go for a hike. There are plenty of trails to choose from, and the scenery is stunning.
8. Visit theConstitution Island – Constitution Island is a small island located in the Hudson River. Visitors can take a short ferry ride to the island, and then explore the island’s history and nature.
9. Visit the Howe Caverns – The Howe Caverns is a large cave system located in Cobleskill, New York. Visitors can take a tour of the caves and see the amazing rock formations.
10. Visit the Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site – The Schoharie Crossing State Historic Site is the site of a major ferry crossing on the Mohawk River. Visitors can learn about the history of the site and see the remains of the ferry landing.