There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Modena, Pennsylvania. For starters, there is Hersheypark which is a world-renowned theme park that features rides, shows, and adventures for the whole family. There is also the Hershey Story Museum which is a great place to learn about the history of chocolate and how it is made. And of course, there are the Hershey Kisses themselves which can be found all over the town.
In addition to Hersheypark, there is also the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire which is a Ren Faire that takes place every year. This is a great place for kids to dress up in costumes, participate in games, and see all of the different food and merchandise that is available.
Finally, there is the Strasburg Rail Road which is a historic train line that runs through the town. This is a great place to take a ride on a real train, learn about the history of the area, and even take a ride in a vintage locomotive.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Modena, Pennsylvania
1. Hersheypark: This world-renowned amusement park features more than 70 rides and attractions, including 13 roller coasters, Hersheypark! The Boardwalk at Hersheypark, and the all-new Hershey’s Chocolatetown.
2. ZooAmerica: An 11-acre zoo that is home to more than 200 animals from five continents, including North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia.
3. Hershey’s Chocolate World: A free, self-guided tour that tells the story of how chocolate is made, and how Hershey’s chocolate is used in some of America’s favorite products.
4. Hershey Gardens: 22 acres of meticulously maintained gardens, Hershey Gardens is a year-round horticultural display symbolic of Milton S. Hershey’s love of nature.
5. The Hershey Story Museum: Learn the interesting story behind Milton S. Hershey and how he created the now world-famous town of Hershey, Pennsylvania.
6. Antique Auto Museum: See over 60 antique and classic automobiles from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, ranging from horseless carriages to muscle cars.
7. The Hershey Bears Hockey Club: Catch a game of hockey with the Hershey Bears, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Washington Capitals.
8. Hershey Park Stadium: A multi-purpose stadium that is home to the Hershey Bears Hockey Club, as well as various other sporting events and concerts.
9. Golf at Hershey: Play a round of golf at one of Hershey’s four award-winning golf courses, including The West Course, The East Course, The Links Course, and The Meadows Course.
10. Hershey Theatre: A stunningly restored Art Deco theatre that first opened its doors in 1933 and now hosts a variety of live performances, including touring Broadway shows, musicals, concerts, and more.