If you’re looking for kid friendly activities in Mobridge, South Dakota, you won’t be disappointed. This small town offers a variety of activities that are perfect for families. For those who love the outdoors, there are plenty of parks to explore, as well as a golf course and a swimming pool. If you’re looking for something a little more low-key, there are also several museums and art galleries to enjoy. And of course, no trip to Mobridge would be complete without a visit to the famous Sica Hollow State Park. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something to keep the whole family entertained in Mobridge, South Dakota.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mobridge, South Dakota
1. Head to the Mobridge Aquatic Center to cool off on a hot day! The facility features a zero depth entry pool, water slides, a diving well, and a spray pad. There’s also a concessions stand so you can refuel after a swim.
2. Visit the Buckstop Junction Log Cabin Village to step back in time and learn about the area’s history. The village features log cabins, a schoolhouse, a church, and a blacksmith shop. You can also take a wagon ride around the property.
3. Check out the Stanley County Courthouse, which is the oldest working courthouse in South Dakota. The courthouse features a beautiful rotunda, stained glass windows, and a sculpture of a buffalo on the lawn.
4. Take a scenic drive down the Cheyenne River Scenic Byway. The byway winds along the Cheyenne River and past some of the state’s most beautiful scenery, including the Badlands.
5. Visit the Sitting Bull Crystal Caverns, a set of underground caverns that are decorated with crystals and calcite formations. The caverns are open for tours from May through October.
6. Stop by the Missouri River Visitor Center to learn about the area’s wildlife, history, and geology. The visitor center features exhibits on the Lewis and Clark expedition, the Native American tribes of the area, and the birds and animals that call the Missouri River home.
7. Play a round of golf at the Mobridge Country Club, a 9-hole golf course that offers stunning views of the Missouri River. The course is open to the public from May through October.
8. explore the Mobridge City Park, a large park that features a playground, a picnic shelter, a basketball court, and a walking trail. The park is also home to the Mobridge Pioneer Museum, which has exhibits on the city’s history and the area’s Native American tribes.
9. Visit the Active Generations Senior Center, which offers a variety of activities and programs for seniors, such as exercise classes, games, and art classes. The center also has a cafe where you can grab a bite to eat.
10. Head to the Dakota Sioux Casino for some gambling and entertainment. The casino features over 400 slot machines, blackjack, poker, and bingo. The casino also has a hotel if you want to stay the night.