When visiting Mineola, Texas, there are plenty of kid friendly things to do! For the outdoorsy family, Mineola Nature Preserve is a must-see. The preserve offers hiking, biking, and fishing, as well as a chance to see some local wildlife. If you’re looking for something a little more low-key, downtown Mineola offers several parks perfect for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of exploring. And no trip to Mineola would be complete without a visit to the historic Mineola Railroad Museum. This museum is a great place to learn about the history of the railroad in Texas and see some vintage locomotives up close.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mineola, Texas
1. Take a walk or bike ride through beautiful Mineola Nature Preserve.
2. Visit the Mineola Railroad Museum and see how this small town played a big role in the development of Texas.
3. paddle a canoe or kayak down the scenic Sabine River.
4. Have a picnic lunch at one of Mineola’s many parks.
5. Go for a swim at the city’s aquatic center.
6. Play a round of golf at the Mineola Country Club.
7. Take a tour of the historic Kirkman House.
8. Browse the unique shops and boutiques in downtown Mineola.
9. Enjoy a meal at one of the town’s many excellent restaurants.
10. Go for a hike or bike ride through the beautiful East Texas countryside.