Mineiros is a municipality in the state of Goiás, Brazil. The population is around 70,000 people, and the area is relatively small, so it’s easy to get around. Mineiros is a great place for families with kids because there are plenty of things to do. For starters, the Parque Municipal das Palmeiras is a large park with plenty of space to run around, a playground, and a pond where you can feed the ducks. There’s also a spray park nearby for kids to cool off on hot days. If your kids are into animals, they’ll love the MiniZoo, which has reptiles, birds, and small mammals. For something a bit more educational, the Museu de Historia Natural is a great option. And, of course, no trip to Mineiros would be complete without visiting the Cachoeira da Fumaça, the tallest waterfall in Brazil.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mineiros, Brazil
1. Visit the Zoo – The Mineiros Zoo is home to many different animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. There are also plenty of smaller animals to see, such as monkeys, reptiles, and birds. The zoo also has a playground and a café for visitors to enjoy.
2. Take a Hike – There are many different hiking trails located throughout Mineiros. Whether you want to hike through the rainforest or up to a waterfall, you’ll be sure to find a trail that’s perfect for you.
3. Go Whitewater Rafting – For those looking for a thrill, whitewater rafting down the Rio Formoso is a must. There are different rafting companies that offer tours, so you can choose the one that’s right for you.
4. Visit a Local Farm – Learning about where our food comes from is important for kids. There are several local farms in Mineiros that offer tours and allow visitors to pet the animals and learn about the different crops that are grown in the area.
5. Go Horseback Riding – Horseback riding is a great way to explore the countryside. There are several stables located in Mineiros that offer rides for both beginners and experienced riders.
6. Visit a Waterpark – Kids will love spending a day at one of Mineiros’ waterparks. There are several to choose from, each with different slides and attractions.
7. Go camping – Camping is a great way to get back to nature. There are several campgrounds located in Mineiros, so you can pick the perfect spot for your family.
8. Go fishing – Fishing is a great activity for kids of all ages. There are many different lakes and rivers located in Mineiros, so you’re sure to find the perfect spot to drop a line.
9. Attend a Festival – Mineiros is home to many different festivals throughout the year. From music festivals to food festivals, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
10. Visit a Museum – There are several museums located in Mineiros, ranging from history museums to art museums. Kids will love learning about the different aspects of Mineiros’ culture.