Minden, Louisiana is a great place for families with kids. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained. For starters, take the family to Splash Kingdom Water Park for a day of slides, pools, and fun in the sun. After a day at the water park, the kids will be exhausted and ready for bed. However, there is still one more activity that the whole family can enjoy together. Head to Holiday Lanes Bowling Center for an evening of family fun. With kid-friendly pricing and Lane Side Service, everyone in the family will have a great time.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Minden, Louisiana
1. Have a picnic lunch at Minden’s historic Central Park, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
2. Take a leisurely stroll down Minden’s quaint Main Street, which is lined with charming shops and restaurants.
3. Visit the Dorcheat Museum, which houses exhibits on the history of Minden and the surrounding area.
4. Walk or bike the sweet-smelling Nature Trail, which winds through Minden’s beautiful Nature Park.
5. Check out the unique shops and boutiques in downtown Minden.
6. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of Minden’s many excellent eateries.
7. Attend a performance at the Minden Opera House, which hosts a variety of live theatrical and musical performances throughout the year.
8. Spend an afternoon fishing, boating or swimming at Lake Bistineau, a large man-made lake located just outside of Minden.
9. Take a scenic drive down one of Minden’s many scenic byways.
10. Visit the Minden Cemetery, which is the final resting place of many notable Minden citizens, including former Louisiana governors Jimmie Davis and Earl Kemp Long.