Milton Keynes is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained, from farms and museums to parks and playgrounds.
Families can visit Willen Lake, where there are two playgrounds, a water play area, and a variety of animals including ducks, geese, and swans. For those interested in history, Bletchley Park is a must-see. Families can tour the code-breaking site used during World War II, and see the incredible Enigma machine in action.
For a day out on the farm, kids will love visiting Stantonbury Grange Farm. They can see a variety of animals, including sheep, cows, pigs, and chickens, and learn all about where their food comes from. For a more hands-on farm experience, families can visit Willen Lake Farm, where kids can help feed the animals and collect eggs from the chickens.
Milton Keynes is also home to the Camphill Village Trust, a charity that provides care and support for adults with learning disabilities. Families can visit the Trust to learn about the work they do and meet some of the residents. And for a spot of shopping, MK Dons Football Club runs a weekly farmers market, where kids can buy fresh produce and meet the farmers.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
1. Visit Gulliver’s Land – This theme park is perfect for young children, with over 50 rides and attractions designed specifically for them. There’s also a waterpark on site for those hot summer days.
2. head to the Snozone – Whether it’s snowing outside or not, the Snozone is always a great place to take the kids. They can enjoy a few hours of skiing or snowboarding, or just play in the snow.
3. bowling at Xscape Milton Keynes – A fun activity for the whole family, bowling is always a hit with kids. At Xscape Milton Keynes there are also arcade games and laser tag if you want to make a day of it.
4. catch a film at Cineworld MK – If you’re looking for something to do on a rainy day, take the kids to see a film at Cineworld MK. With a huge variety of films showing, there’s sure to be something they’ll enjoy.
5. explore Willen Lake – With over 100 acres of water to explore, Willen Lake is a great place to take the kids for a day out. They can hire a boat, go for a walk or cycle around the lake, or just have a picnic.
6. visit Milton Keynes Museum – This museum is perfect for bored kids, with lots of interactive exhibits and activities. They can learn about the history of Milton Keynes, try on traditional clothing, and see how life was different in the past.
7. go to Gulliver’s Splash Zone – Another great activity for hot days, Gulliver’s Splash Zone is an outdoor waterpark with slides, a splash pool, and a lazy river. The kids will love it!
8. meet the animals at John LewisMK – If your kids love animals, take them to meet the residents of John LewisMK. rabbits, guinea pigs, and chickens, as well as VIP (very important pet) pampering sessions.
9. explore Campbell Park – With over 300 acres of parkland to explore, Campbell Park is a great place to take the kids for a day out. They can run around, play on the playground, or feed the ducks.
10. try ice skating at the Moyse’s Hall Museum – A fun activity for the whole family, ice skating is a great way to spend an afternoon. The museum also has a cafe if you need to warm up afterwards.