There are many kid friendly things to do in Milford, Iowa. The city offers a variety of parks for children to explore and play in. Swan Lake Park is a great place to take a stroll with the family, and it features a playground, picnic area, and a fishing pier. For a more active day, the Splash Pad Park is perfect for cooling off in the summer heat and features a water playground, spray features, and a wading pool. If your kids are into sports, the city offers several youth sports leagues, including soccer, baseball, and basketball. For a day of learning, the Sioux City Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center offers interactive exhibits and a film on the expedition. After a busy day, grab a bite to eat at one of the family friendly restaurants in Milford, such as the Pink Pig Diner or Jerry’s Drive-In.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Milford, Iowa
1. Don’t miss the chance to explore the Maquoketa Caves State Park! The park features 16 miles of hiking trails, a playground, picnic areas, and of course, the caves. The caves are a fun and educational experience for kids of all ages.
2. The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is a great place to learn about the river and its ecosystem. The museum features interactive exhibits, a hands-on river laboratory, and an aquarium.
3. For a fun and educational experience, visit the Iowa Children’s Museum. The museum features hands-on exhibits, a stage, and a studio.
4. The B.R. Iowa State Park is a great place to explore the great outdoors. The park features hiking trails, a playground, a pool, and a nature center.
5. The Hennepin Canal State Park is a great place to explore the canal and its history. The park features a Visitor Center, a Canal Museum, hiking and biking trails, and more.
6. The Fun Barn is a great place for kids to play. The barn features a variety of inflatables, a petting zoo, and a playground.
7. For a fun and educational experience, visit the Macbride Nature Recreation Area. The park features a museum, hiking trails, a playground, and more.
8. The Pioneer Memorial Library is a great place to read and learn. The library features a children’s section, a media center, and a genealogy section.
9. TheSplash Landing Water Parkis a great place to cool off in the summer. The water park features a lazy river, slides, and a kiddie pool.
10. The Wapsipinicon State Park is a great place to explore the great outdoors. The park features hiking trails, a playground, a pool, and a nature center.