Middletown is a city in Butler and Warren counties in the U.S. state of Ohio, nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton. The city has a strong community spirit, with a variety of kid-friendly activities available. The Middletown Sports Complex is a great place for kids to get active, with a range of facilities including an indoor swimming pool, basketball courts and an ice skating rink. The city also has a number of parks perfect for a picnic or a game of frisbee, as well as a number of playgrounds. For those looking for a more cultural experience, the Middletown Symphony Orchestra and the Middletown Civic Theatre both offer a range of kid-friendly performances and events. And of course, no visit to Middletown would be complete without a stop at the smudge pot-shaped Chimney Park, home to the city’s iconic smokestack.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Middletown, Ohio
1. Go to the monkey house at the zoo- The Middletown Zoo is home to over 200 animals, including several species of monkeys. The monkey house is a great place to see these playful creatures up close and learn more about them.
2. Play in the park- There are several parks in Middletown, all of which offer a variety of activities for kids to enjoy. From playgrounds to hiking trails, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
3. Visit the library- The Middletown Public Library is a great place to take a break from the heat or the cold and read a book. They offer a variety of children’s books, as well as programming and events for kids.
4. Have a picnic- Middletown has several parks and green spaces that are perfect for a picnic lunch or dinner. Grab a blanket and some food and enjoy a meal in the great outdoors.
5. Go fishing- There are several ponds and lakes in Middletown that are perfect for fishing. Pack a lunch and head to your favorite spot for a relaxing afternoon of fishing.
6. Go for a swim- Middletown has several public pools that are perfect for a summer day. Whether you want to take a dip or just lounge by the pool, there’s a spot for you.
7. Visit the farmer’s market- The Middletown Farmer’s Market is a great place to find fresh, local produce and other goods. They offer a variety of products, as well as live music and events.
8. Go bowling- Middletown has several bowling alleys that are perfect for a fun night out with friends or family. Grab some snacks and hit the lanes for a night of bowling.
9. See a movie- Middletown has several movie theaters that offer a variety of films for everyone to enjoy. Whether you want to see the latest blockbuster or an indie film, there’s a theater for you.
10. Go shopping- Middletown has several malls and shopping centers that offer a variety of stores and products. Whether you’re looking for clothes, toys, or just about anything else, you’ll be sure to find it in Middletown.