Middletown is a historic town in New Castle County, Delaware, United States. The town’s Main Street has been designated a National Historic District. The town is also home to the first state university, Delaware State University. Middletown is located at the southern end of thestate, just north of the state capital of Dover. It is bounded to the north by the Appoquinimink River. Middletown is part of the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
There is a lot for kids to do in Middletown. The town has several parks, including Silver Lake Park and Luceland Park. There are also a number of museums and historic sites, such as the Middletown Historical Society and the Middletown Museum. The town also has a number of youth sports programs and a variety of youth activities.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Middletown, Delaware
1. Visit the Delaware Art Museum – The Delaware Art Museum is a great place to take the kids for a day of exploring and learning. With a wide variety of exhibits, the museum has something for everyone.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Silver Lake Park – Silver Lake Park is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. The park has a variety of trails to explore, and is also home to a playground and picnic area.
3. Visit the Farmers’ Market – The Middletown Farmers’ Market is a great place to find fresh, locally grown produce. The market also features a variety of arts and crafts vendors, making it a great place to find unique gifts.
4. Play at one of the many parks in Middletown – Middletown is home to a number of parks, which are great places for the kids to run around and play. Some of the parks also have playground equipment, basketball courts, and picnic areas.
5. Visit the Middletown Historical Society – The Middletown Historical Society is a great place to learn about the history of Middletown and the surrounding area. The society also offers a variety of programs and events for kids.
6. Take a hike at Lums Pond State Park – Lums Pond State Park is a great place to take a hike and explore the great outdoors. The park also has a playground, picnic areas, and a fishing pier.
7. Visit the Middletown Nature Center – The Middletown Nature Center is a great place to learn about the local environment and wildlife. The nature center also offers a variety of programs and events for kids.
8. Go fishing at Stumpy Lake – Stumpy Lake is a great place to go fishing. The lake is also home to a playground, picnic areas, and a nature trail.
9. Play mini golf at Playtown – Playtown is a great place to take the kids for a game of mini golf. The course is also home to a arcade, making it a great place to spend an afternoon.
10. Visit the Middletown Library – The Middletown Library is a great place to take the kids for a day of exploring and learning. The library has a wide variety of books, movies, and games for kids to enjoy.