One great kid-friendly activity in Miami Shores is a visit to the Miami Children’s Museum. The museum features interactive exhibits and educational programs that focus on the arts, culture, community, and the environment.
Another great activity for kids in Miami Shores is a visit to the Miami Seaquarium. The Seaquarium is a 38-acre oceanarium located on Key Biscayne. The Seaquarium is home to dolphins, sea lions, sharks, stingrays, and other marine life. The Seaquarium also offers educational programs and animal encounters.
Miami Shores is also home to many parks and playgrounds. The Miami Shores Recreation Center and Park is a great place for kids to play. The recreation center features a playground, basketball courts, a swimming pool, and a gym.
And last but not least, one of the best kid-friendly activities in Miami Shores is a visit to the Monkey Jungle. The Monkey Jungle is a 30-acre wildlife preserve where monkeys roam free in their natural habitat. The Monkey Jungle is a great place to learn about primate behavior and ecology.
10 fun & kid-friendly things to do in Miami Shores Florida
1. Visit the Miami Seaquarium: This world-famous marine life park is home to over 30,000 aquatic animals, including dolphins, sea lions, sharks, alligators, and many more. Guests can interact with dolphins, participate in educational shows, and learn about the park’s animal residents.
2. Explore the Zoo Miami: Home to over 3,000 animals representing over 500 species, Zoo Miami is one of the largest zoos in the United States. Guests can tour the different animal exhibits, watch wildlife shows, and take part in educational programs.
3. Have fun at Monkey Jungle: This unique park is home to over 30 species of primates, who roam free in their natural habitat. Guests can observe the monkeys up close, learn about their behavior, and participate in educational programs.
4. Visit the Museum of Discovery and Science: This museum offers interactive exhibits on science and technology, as well as a planetarium and an IMAX theater. Guests can learn about the human body, space exploration, and the natural world.
5. Stroll through Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden: This 83-acre garden is home to over 7,000 species of plants, including rare and endangered species. Guests can take a guided tour, participate in educational programs, and enjoy the scenic gardens.
6. Take a ride on the Amtrak: The Amtrak provides transportation to many destinations throughout Florida. Guests can relax in their seats and enjoy the scenery as they travel to their destination.
7. Go on a dolphin watching tour: Guests can take a boat tour and see dolphins up close as they play in the wild. Tours typically last around 2 hours and offer a great opportunity to learn about these amazing animals.
8. Visit Parrot Jungle Island: This popular tourist destination is home to over 1,000 parrots and other birds. Guests can tour the aviary, watch bird shows, and learn about the park’s feathered residents.
9. Go kayaking in the Everglades: Guests can explore the Everglades by kayak and see alligators, turtles, and other wildlife in their natural habitat. Tours typically last around 2 hours and provide a great way to see this unique ecosystem.
10. Shop at the Bayside Marketplace: This outdoor mall offers over 150 shops and restaurants, as well as a variety of entertainment options. Guests can find anything from souvenirs to designer clothes, and enjoy the beautiful views of the bay.
1. What Is The Population Of Miami Shores?
The population of Miami Shores is approximately 11,500 people.
2. What Is The History Of Miami Shores?
Miami Shores is a village in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The village was incorporated in 1939.
3. What Is The Climate Of Miami Shores?
Miami Shores has a tropical climate. The average temperature is around 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. What Are Some Of The Landmarks In Miami Shores?
Some of the landmarks in Miami Shores include the Miami Shores Country Club, the Miami Shores Community Church, and the Miami Shores Library.
5. What Is The Economy Of Miami Shores Like?
The economy of Miami Shores is primarily driven by tourism and recreation.
6. What Are The Demographics Of Miami Shores?
The demographics of Miami Shores are diverse. The village has a population that is approximately 60% Hispanic, 20% African American, and 10% Caucasian.
7. What Is The Education System Like In Miami Shores?
The education system in Miami Shores is excellent. The village is home to many high-performing schools, including Miami Shores Elementary School, Miami Shores Middle School, and Miami Shores High School.
8. What Are The Transportation Options In Miami Shores?
There are many transportation options in Miami Shores. The village is served by the Miami-Dade Transit system, which includes buses and trains. Additionally, there are many taxi and Uber services available.
9. What Are The Housing Options In Miami Shores?
There are many housing options in Miami Shores. The village offers a variety of apartments, condos, and single-family homes.
10. What Are The Recreation And Entertainment Options In Miami Shores?
There are many recreation and entertainment options in Miami Shores. The village has a number of parks, playgrounds, and recreation centers. Additionally, there are many restaurants, bars, and shops