Menno is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of outdoor activities to keep them busy, like hiking and fishing in the Good Land State Park. The city also has a splash park, amphitheater, and disc golf course. For indoor fun, kids can explore the Menno City Museum or go bowling at the Strike Zone. Whatever their interests, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Menno!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Menno, South Dakota
1. Take a look around Menno City Park. This park has a playground, shelter house, and picnic tables.
2. If you’re looking for something to do indoors, check out Prairie West Library. This library has a variety of books, movies, and games for kids to enjoy.
3. For some outdoor fun, visit Cox Family Farm. This farm has a petting zoo, hayrides, and a corn maze.
4. Go on a nature hike at Big Sioux Recreation Area. This recreation area has over 20 miles of trails to explore.
5. Have a picnic lunch at Beaver Creek Nature Area. This nature area has a picnic shelter, fishing pond, and hiking trails.
6. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Sioux River Greenway. This greenway has over 10 miles of trails to explore.
7. Visit the Sioux Falls city parks. There are over 80 parks in Sioux Falls, so you’re sure to find one that your kids will love.
8. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area. Some of the popular lakes include: Brookings County State Fishing Lake, Elmwood Park Lake, and Lewis and Clark Lake.
9. Take a scenic drive through the Badlands. The Badlands are a beautiful natural area to explore.
10. Visit the Mount Rushmore National Monument. This monument is a must-see for anyone visiting South Dakota.