When it comes to kid-friendly fun in Medicine Bow, Wyoming, there is no shortage of options! From hiking and picnicking in the beautiful Medicine Bow National Forest to visiting the many museums and historic sites in town, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy. For those looking for a little more adventure, the area is home to several ski resorts and outdoor recreation areas perfect for exploring. No matter what your interests are, you are sure to find something to keep the whole family entertained during your stay in Medicine Bow!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Medicine Bow, Wyoming
1. Head to the Wyoming Dinosaur Center to learn all about the prehistoric creatures that used to roam the earth. This hands-on museum is great for kids of all ages and offers a variety of interactive exhibits.
2. Take a scenic drive or hike through the Medicine Bow National Forest. This 2.3 million acre forest is home to plenty of wildlife and beautiful scenery.
3. Visit the Medicine Bow Railroad Museum to learn about the area’s rich railroad history. The museum features a variety of interactive exhibits, as well as a short train ride.
4. Head to the Harris Park Recreation Area to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities. The area features a playground, picnic pavilions, hiking trails, and a fishing pond.
5. Go for a swim at Lake Marie, located just outside of town. This beautiful lake is perfect for a refreshing swim on a hot summer day.
6. Visit the Medicine Bow Peak Observatory to learn about the night sky. The observatory features a variety of telescopes that are available for public use.
7. Take a scenic horseback ride through the Snowy Range. This area is home to beautiful mountains and plenty of wildlife.
8. Visit the town of Centennial, located just a short drive from Medicine Bow. This historic town is home to a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a museum.
9. Head to the Snowy Range Ski Area for a day of skiing or snowboarding. The ski area features a variety of trails for all skill levels.
10. Enjoy a traditional Wyoming folk music performance at the Medicine Bow Cowboy Music Festival. This annual event features a variety of local and regional musicians.