There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Mechanicsville, Iowa! For one, the city is home to a number of parks perfect for a day of play. Adventureland Park is a great option for those looking for some thrills, while Living History Farms offers a unique opportunity to explore Iowa history. Other kid friendly attractions in Mechanicsville include the Hamburg Historic District and the Imonkota State Park. There’s also plenty of shopping and dining options in the city, making it the perfect place to spend a weekend with the family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mechanicsville, Iowa
1. Take a walk or bike ride through the scenic Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt.
2. Visit the living history Amana Colonies.
3. tour the Summer of Dreams Camp during the summer months.
4. Visit the Meyersacht Indian Hills nature preserve.
5. Learn about the Civil War at the Cedar County Museum.
6. Stroll through the beautiful Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
7. See the hand-painted murals throughout town.
8. Taste the locally produced wine at one of the many wineries.
9. Take a scenic drive on the Great River Road.
10. Visit the Iowa State Fairgrounds and enjoy the annual Iowa State Fair.