There are many kid friendly things to do in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. A few of these activities include visiting the National Civil War Museum, Hershey Park, and the playgrounds and parks scattered throughout the town.
The National Civil War Museum is located in Harrisburg, just a short drive from Mechanicsburg. This museum is great for kids as it offers many interactive exhibits and displays. Hershey Park is another popular destination for families. This amusement park features over 70 rides and attractions, including a water park.
There are also several parks and playgrounds located throughout Mechanicsburg. These include Cumberland County Memorial Park, Armitage Park, and South Hanover Township Community Park. These parks offer a variety of activities for kids of all ages, such as playgrounds, pavilions, hiking trails, and more.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Children’s Museum of Pennsylvania- The Children’s Museum of Pennsylvania is located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and is a short drive from Mechanicsburg. The museum features exhibits and programs geared towards children ages birth to eight years old. Kids can explore the whimsical world of Mr. Rogers, learn about Pennsylvania history, and play in an outdoor water spray park.
2. Ride the Gingerbread Man Express- The Gingerbread Man Express is a miniature train that operates seasonally at the Cumberland Valley Railway in Mechanicsburg. Kids can take a ride on the train and then visit the nearby gingerbread house, which is decorated with real gingerbread.
3. Visit the Pennsylvania State Capitol- The Pennsylvania State Capitol is located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and is a short drive from Mechanicsburg. Kids can take a guided tour of the Capitol building, which features a number of interesting architectural features. They can also explore the Capitol grounds, which include a number of monuments and sculptures.
4. Take a Hike at Mallorytown Landing- Mallorytown Landing is a state park located in northwestern Pennsylvania. The park features a number of hiking trails, a beach, and a campground. Kids can explore the forests and wetlands, go fishing, and take a dip in the swimming beach.
5. Visit the National Civil War Museum- The National Civil War Museum is located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and is a short drive from Mechanicsburg. The museum tells the story of the Civil War from the perspective of both the Union and the Confederacy. Kids can see artifacts, watch films, and participate in hands-on activities.
6. Go Apple Picking at Hoods Orchard- Hoods Orchard is a family-owned and operated farm located in Mechanicsburg. The farm features a pick-your-own apple Orchard, as well as a pumpkin patch, hayrides, and a corn maze. Kids can also purchase fresh-pressed apple cider and homemade apple pies.
7. Visit the Historic Harrisburg Association- The Historic Harrisburg Association is located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and is a short drive from Mechanicsburg. The Association offers a number of guided tours of historic sites in Harrisburg, including the State Capitol, the Governor’s Mansion, and the State Museum. Kids can learn about the history of Harrisburg and see some of the city’s most notable landmarks.
8. Attend a Game at the Hersheypark Stadium- The Hersheypark Stadium is located in Hershey, Pennsylvania and is a short drive from Mechanicsburg. The stadium is home to the Hershey Bears, an American Hockey League team. Kids can watch the Bears play, explore the stadium, and participate in a number of family-friendly activities.
9. Visit Chocolate World- Chocolate World is located in Hershey, Pennsylvania and is a short drive from Mechanicsburg. Kids can take a tour of a chocolate factory, create their own chocolate bar, and enjoy a number of chocolate-themed rides and attractions.
10. Take a Walk Through Historic Boiling Springs- Historic Boiling Springs is a small town located in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. The town is home to a number of historical sites, including the Boiling Springs Tavern and the Children’s Lake. Kids can take a walk through the town, visit the historical sites, and go for a swim in the lake.