The City of McRae is proud to offer a variety of activities and events for families and children of all ages! Our Parks and Recreation Department offers competitive sports leagues, after school programs, and summer camps. For those looking for a more creative outlet, we offer arts and crafts classes, dance lessons, and music lessons. And, for those who just want to have some fun, we have a playground, an outdoor swimming pool, and a disc golf course. There is something for everyone in McRae!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mc Rae, Georgia
1. Georgia Sea Turtle Center: The Georgia Sea Turtle Center is a rehabilitation facility for ill and injured sea turtles. They also have a museum and offer educational programs for kids.
2. Crooked River State Park: This state park has a variety of activities for kids including hiking, fishing, canoeing, and picnicking.
3. Little Raccoon Creek Hop-A-Long Zoo: This zoo specializes in rescue animals and offers tours and educational programs for kids.
4. Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge: The refuge is home to a variety of wildlife and plant species. There are also many trails and boardwalks for kids to explore.
5. Jekyll Island: Jekyll Island is a barrier island off the coast of Georgia. It is home to several beaches, a historic district, and a variety of outdoor activities.
6. Fort McAllister State Park: This state park is home to a Civil War fort. Kids can explore the fort, go fishing, and picnicking.
7. Tybee Island: Tybee Island is a barrier island off the coast of Georgia. It is home to several beaches, a lighthouse, and a variety of outdoor activities.
8. Georgia National Fairgrounds & Agricenter: The fairgrounds host a variety of events throughout the year including the Georgia National Fair. Kids can enjoy rides, exhibits, and food.
9. Rock Eagle Effigy Mound: The Rock Eagle Effigy Mound is a Native American landmark. Kids can explore the mound and learn about the culture of the people who built it.
10. Callaway Gardens: Callaway Gardens is a resort and garden. Kids can enjoy the gardens, go swimming, and participate in other activities.