There are a number of kid friendly activities to do in Mc Dermitt, Nevada. One option is to go to the movies. The Mc Dermitt drive-in theater is a great option for a family night out. Another option is to visit one of the many family friendly restaurants in town. Pizza is always a hit with kids, and there are a few great pizza places in Mc Dermitt. There are also a number of parks and playgrounds in town, perfect for a afternoon of fun.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mc Dermitt, Nevada
1. Visit the Adelmann House – The Adelmann House is a historic house in Mc Dermitt, Nevada. built in 1867, it is one of the oldest surviving structures in the town.
2. Visit the Fort McDermitt Indian Community Museum – The Fort McDermitt Indian Community Museum is a museum dedicated to the history and culture of the Fort McDermitt Paiute and Shoshone Tribe.
3. Visit the Mc Dermitt Library – The Mc Dermitt Library is a public library in Mc Dermitt, Nevada. It was established in 1978 and is a member of the Copper Basin Library System.
4. Visit the Mc Dermitt Post Office – The Mc Dermitt Post Office is a historic post office in Mc Dermitt, Nevada. It was built in 1909 and is still in use today.
5. Visit the Mc Dermitt Railroad Depot – The Mc Dermitt Railroad Depot is a historic train station in Mc Dermitt, Nevada. It was built in 1883 and is now a museum.
6. Visit the Nevada Northern Railway Museum – The Nevada Northern Railway Museum is a museum in Ely, Nevada dedicated to the history of the Nevada Northern Railway.
7. Visit the Ward Charcoal Ovens State Historic Park – The Ward Charcoal Ovens State Historic Park is a state park in Nevada that features a series of well-preserved charcoal ovens used in the 19th century.
8. Visit the Western Shoshone Defense Project – The Western Shoshone Defense Project is a native American advocacy group based in Crescent Valley, Nevada.
9. Visit the Wild Horse Sanctuary – The Wild Horse Sanctuary is a sanctuary for wild horses in Stone Cabin, Nevada.
10. Visit the Winemans Mill – The Winemans Mill is a historic grist mill in Carson City, Nevada. It was built in 1854 and is still in operation today.