Mbabane, the capital city of Swaziland, is a great place for families to visit. There are many kid-friendly activities to do in Mbabane, such as visiting the Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, going on a safari, or exploring the Mbabane Market.
The Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary is a great place to see animals in their natural habitat. Visitors can go on safari, hike, or mountain bike through the sanctuary. There are also many educational programs available for kids, such as the Junior Conservation Course.
The Mbabane Market is a great place to find souvenirs and local handicrafts. There are also many stalls selling fresh fruits and vegetables. Kids will love watching the hustle and bustle of the market and trying new foods.
Other kid-friendly activities in Mbabane include visiting the Swazi Candles Factory, going on a nature walk at the Mahlowedi Nature Reserve, or visiting the Mbabane Zoo. Whatever you decide to do, your family is sure to have a great time in Mbabane!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mbabane, Swaziland
1. Visit the Ngwenya Glass Factory – Ngwenya Glass is the oldest and largest hand-blown glass factory in Africa, and has been in operation since 1968. Visitors can take a tour of the factory to see how the glass is made, and then browse the on-site shop for a wide variety of glass products.
2. Take a hike in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary – Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary is a 4,560 acre game reserve that is home to a variety of animals, including zebra, antelope, hippos, and the elusive black rhino. nature trails wind through the reserve, and there are also several mountain biking and horseback riding trails.
3. Go birdwatching at Mbuluzi Game Reserve – Mbuluzi Game Reserve is a 12,000 acre reserve that is home to over 400 species of birds, as well as a variety of other wildlife. It is a popular spot for birdwatchers, and there are several guided birdwatching tours available.
4. Visit the King Sobhuza II Memorial Park – The King Sobhuza II Memorial Park is a memorial to the late king of Swaziland, who ruled for over 60 years. The park contains a number of sculptures and statues, as well as a museum with information on the life and times of King Sobhuza II.
5. Take a walk through Mbabane City Centre – Mbabane City Centre is the central business district of the city of Mbabane, and is home to a number of shops, restaurants, and businesses. There are also a number of historic buildings and monuments located in the city centre.
6. Visit the Mlilwane Rhino Museum – The Mlilwane Rhino Museum is a museum dedicated to the conservation of rhinos. The museum houses a number of exhibits on the history and ecology of rhinos, as well as a live rhino that visitors can view.
7. Browse the stalls at the Mbabane Market – The Mbabane Market is a large open-air market that sells a wide variety of goods, including fresh produce, clothes, crafts, and more. The market is a popular attraction for both locals and tourists alike.
8. Learn about Swazi culture at the Swazi National Museum – The Swazi National Museum is a museum that is devoted to the history, culture, and art of the Swazi people. The museum has a number of exhibits on traditional Swazi life, as well as a library and a bookstore.
9. Go on a safari at Hlane Royal National Park – Hlane Royal National Park is a game reserve that is home to a variety of animals, including lions, elephants, and leopards. Safari tours are available, and there are also a number of hiking and biking trails.
10. Take a tour of the Ngwenya Iron Ore Mine – The Ngwenya Iron Ore Mine is the oldest iron ore mine in the world, and is a popular tourist attraction. Visitors can take a tour of the mine, and there is also a museum on site with information on the history of the mine.