There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Mayo, Maryland. One option is to spend a day at Sandy Point State Park. Sandy Point has a beach where kids can swim, build sandcastles, and explore. There is also a playground, picnic areas, and hiking trails. Another option is to visit the Maryland Science Center. The Science Center has exhibits on a variety of topics, as well as a planetarium and IMAX theater. Kids can also participate in hands-on activities. Finally, kids can enjoy the Mayo Cliffs Park. The park has a playground, pavilion, and a fishing pier.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Mayo, Maryland
1. Visit the Mayo Beach Park for a day of swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
2. Bring a fishing pole and try your luck at catching some fish from the pier at the park.
3. Visit the nearby Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum to learn about the history and culture of the area.
4. Take a scenic nature hike through the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge.
5. Visit the Assateague Island National Seashore for a day of beachcombing, swimming, and wildlife watching.
6. Stroll through the quaint town of Easton and browse the shops and galleries.
7. Take a kayak or canoe out on Tuckahoe Creek for a peaceful day of paddling.
8. Bike or walk along the paved Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway.
9. Play a round of golf at one of the area’s championship golf courses.
10. Sample the local cuisine at one of the many great restaurants in the area.