Maurice is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in and around the town. One popular activity is visiting the Loess Hills National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge is home to many different animals, including bison, elk, and deer. Families can also take a short drive to the nearby town of Sioux City to visit the Sioux City Zoo. The zoo is home to over 1,000 animals and is a great place to learn about different species. Other kid-friendly activities in Maurice include visiting the local parks, going on nature walks, and playing at the community center.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Maurice, Iowa
1. Kids can burn off some energy at the Maurice City Park, which features a playground, shelter house, and swimming pool.
2. The Sioux City Public Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history and culture of the region.
3. The Hardin County Historical Museum is another great option for kids interested in learning about the area’s past.
4. The Sioux City Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun and education.
5. The Botanical Gardens at Sioux Falls is a beautiful place to take a stroll with the kids and learn about plants and flowers.
6. The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center is a great place to learn about the famous explorers and their expedition.
7. The Animal Adventure Park is a great place for kids to see and learn about a variety of animals.
8. The Sioux City Art Center is a great place for kids to see and appreciate art.
9. The Sioux City Public Library is a great place for kids to find books and materials for school projects.
10. The Sioux City Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of programs and activities for kids of all ages.